Question:
o you have tips and advice for a begginer in running?
Clive
2012-05-18 08:56:23 UTC
Hi all

I have been very ill for the past few months and have slowly recovered. I havn't been one for running but i got the urge to do so,i don't plan on making it serious but i think it will really help my health and fitness levels...anyways i would really love some basic advice and tips on breathing,distance and so on.

Thanks for your time :)
Three answers:
Mackenzie
2012-05-18 10:36:28 UTC
Make sure you drink water throughout the day so you don't get dehydrated and get side stitches. Also make sure you stretch enough. If you don't you could strain your muscles which hurts a lot, I know, and could hurt the next day. When you breathe breather in through your nose and out through your mouth. It may feel like you aren't getting enough air but trust me, it works. For distance running make sure you keep a steady pace to start up and slowly pick up speed.

Hopes this helps! I run track and cross country so I just gave you everything off the top of my head
Steven
2012-05-18 09:02:52 UTC
Always strecth before you start running. Stretch very extensilvey because you dont wanna pull anything while running and also before and after every race drink water. When you are running you dont want you mouth to suddenly dry up because then you wont be able to run as efficiently as if you were hydrated
?
2016-09-19 08:36:10 UTC
.... a small marathon.....so much of them are 26.two miles lengthy regardless that.... This is really a average query quite. Beginning strolling is handy, positioned to your shorts, t-blouse and running shoes, pass out the entrance door and rancid you pass - sounds handy does not it? You want plenty of brief time period pursuits and a long run target whilst you begin off strolling, those pursuits can difference. Remember this target as you run via the wind and the rain. The toughest side of strolling is truthfully leaving the entrance door, quite it's. There is a side of every person’s mind that as they run down the road it's announcing 'Look, there may be Mr Jones at quantity forty two peering out the window watching me, how embarrassing... and there may be Mrs Smith at quantity forty doing the identical - I are not able to stand that and I am going to head dwelling now'. The fact is that the majority men and women will probably be too busy looking Coronation Street and the leisure will probably be looking BBC2. After you have got run down the road a bit this voice disappears and you'll be able to get on along with your strolling. Like I stated, the toughest side is the primary five steps after leaving the entrance door. So what to do? The the very first thing is to decide upon a path to run alongside. I have more often than not simply set out strolling and feeling well run and run, then whilst I begin feeling a bit worn out flip circular to head dwelling - by the point I get dwelling once more I am very worn out having run too a ways. Picking a direction earlier than hand offers you a target and a restrict to how a ways to run. As a newbie you must be watching for a part hour run which possibly three or four miles. You could make this direction a round direction or a there and again direction (you run say two miles after which flip circular and retrace your steps to get dwelling). You do not ought to begin the run from dwelling both, you would begin from paintings, or journey to a regional park or satisfactory field of the town - someplace wherein you're trustworthy and at ease to run but additionally someplace wherein you're joyful to do repeated runs alongside the identical direction. You can degree the direction via using circular it in a automobile and use its odometer, or a motorcycle with one or use a mapping internet site like mapmyrun. On a primary run, you pass alongside your preferred direction and run-stroll. Most men and women begin with this manner and its wherein you run for a at the same time till you are not able to run any extra and then you definately stroll to recuperate. When you'll be able to run once more you run till you have got to stroll once more etc across the direction. For a few men and women you would do the complete three miles to your first consultation with out waking, for others you would run for a minute after which ought to stroll. Both are OK, and also you ought to don't forget that those few run-walks are side of a method to get you strolling a protracted distance. One average mistake whilst surroundings off strolling is to head too speedy. To restrict this for the primary few runs and till you recognize what your frame can do, run at a speed wherein you'll be able to say for your self 'This is handy, I can run quicker' - and run at this handy speed. You will uncover that you are going to be competent to run extra, no longer as speedy however you'll duvet the gap faster seeing that you arn't’t preventing. After your first run have a few days leisure then repeat the identical run. Run alongside it and run extra each and every segment than you probably did earlier than. For illustration, in the event you began going for walks at a avenue signal, then make certain that you simply run beyond the signal - even three steps beyond it earlier than you stroll. Then stroll to the factor wherein you began strolling final time. It is helping to seem forward as you're getting worn out and suppose 'I'll quit at that signal, then begin strolling on the subsequent one' - that offers you a brief time period target to attempt for, a sure factor begin strolling from and a mission for the following run. One factor to grasp out of your first run is that your legs will consider sore, and that is natural, its the muscular tissues complaining however all you ought to do is have a few says leisure then run once more once they arn't’t sore, after which a few days leisure after which run once more. Repeat those runs a couple of instances and you'll uncover that whenever you're strolling that little bit extra and doing the complete run a bit faster whenever. With time you'll be competent to run the complete three or four miles with out preventing more often than not (a few days you simply are not able to run - all of us uncover that and those are the times whilst an handy, say three mile run demands four or five leisure stops). With paintings going from non-runner to strolling four miles can take approximately a month. When you'll be able to run for a complete part hour then its time to begin seeing that your strolling pursuits a bit extra and to determine the right way to get there. Build at the base health of those part hour runs. If you wish to do good along with your strolling you'll wish to run a couple of days every week. You have got to comprise rests to your agenda - strolling everyday isn't so well. Run an afternoon, then leisure an afternoon is bigger. You would love to run with a pal, it's extra sociable and also you run bigger with corporation. Its side considering you're chatting as an alternative than considering legs and lungs hurting and side that you simply constantly get aggressive and wish to do as good as your pal so that you each check out more difficult. If you don’t have a accomplice to run with, there are a variety of loc